Process Heater Burners
Exotherm Corporation makes the UNIFLUX Process Heater Burner (Reactor) that has been applied to the UNIFLUX heaters for over decades. We are a leader in the design and manufacturing of custom engineered process heaters. We provide process heater burners to a wide range of industries including, petrochemical, oil & gas, food processing, and manufacturing.
About UNIFLUX Process Heater Burner
The UNIFLUX Process Heater Burner is all metal construction designed for low pressure fuel and combustion air for mixing. The combustion air enters the burner between the outer and inner burner cone tangentially near the mounting flange of the burner. The tangential entry creates a swirling air supply that travel around and back to the back of the burner where fuel gas is injected for mixing. The air is compressed at the back of the burner reduction and makes a 180-degree turn creating a vortex that assists with entraining fuel gas into the throat of the burner. The air and fuel begin mixing in the throat of the inner cone. A nozzle reduction port increases the discharge velocity of the combustion products as they exit the burner (Reactor) throat. Most of the combustion occurs inside the reactor allowing minimal flame to enter into the process heat transfer chamber. There are many other advantages to using process heater burners from Exotherm. The high velocity and short flame profile eliminates the potential for flame impingement, as well as creating a virtually complete convective heat transfer media. Because the combustion air circulates between the annulus of the inner burner cone and outer cone, the external surface of the burner remains air cooled. Exotherm also offers optional high velocity burners for Low NOx and Ultra Low NOx application requirements, as well as for liquid fuel firing applications.
UNIFLUX HEATER BURNER ADVANTAGES:
- COMPACT: With high heat release, the reactor is designed for compactness.
- FAST RESPONSE: The Fuel Reactor responds instantly to process load changes with its high velocity exhaust gases.
- ALL-METAL CONSTRUCTION: Cooling effect of inlet combustion air keeps inner and outer cones cool, even when reactor is operating at full capacity. Temperature on outer cone approaches temperature of the inlet air. The need for refractory is eliminated.
- LOW PRESSURE FUEL: With vortex at the point of fuel injection, low pressure fuels down to 6" WC can be effectively burned in the reactor.
- HIGH HEAT RELEASE RATES: About 10,000,000 BTU/Hr/ft3 of combustion volume in firing natural gas.
- MINIMUM FLAME EXTENSION: Combustion is essentially completed within the Fuel Reactor with only high temperature inert combustion products emitted.
- STOICHIOMETRIC COMBUSTION: The reactor is adjustable to stoichiometric fuel-air ratios with complete combustion assured within the reactor. It operates over a wide range of turndown with stable combustion.
- SAFE OPERATION: The Fuel Reactor is sealed - eliminating flashbacks and the need for flame arrestors; it can be completely automated and controlled with optional safeguards and accessories.
- MULTIFUEL CAPABILITY: The fuel reactor will operate on most gaseous fuels including low heating value gases. High velocity fuel reactors are also available to operate on most liquid fuels.
- LOW NOx BURNER OPTIONS: High velocity burner options to meet low NOx and Ultra low NOx requirements are available.
UNIFLUX Process Heater Burner Applications
- Heat Transfer Fluids
- Chemical & Various Specialty Process Fluids
- Regeneration Gases
- Vegetable Oils
- Air Heating Application (Direct and Indirect)
- Crude Oils
- Natural Gas (Other than Regeneration Gas)
- Research & Development Processes
Since 1986, Exotherm Corporation has supplied process heaters to a worldwide marketplace. Contact us to learn more today about our industrial heater burners!